Game of Thrones

Roy Dotrice (pyromancer Hallyne) dead at 94.
Cersei should still be building up a new store of wildfire to use on whoever wins the northern war, the living or the dead.
[video]

Didn’t qyburn’s little birds take him out already? The only thing can take out mountain would be a dragon, but she doesn’t seem to fear them.

No, the children killed Grandmaester Pycelle. Hallyne should've trained apprentices.

Yeah, those children used to be called vary’s “Little birds,” qyburn has turned them over to cercei ‘s side. Everyone should have an army of underaged, murderous spies

Wasn’t qyburn found nearly dead(tortured by the mountain) by the starks after the Lannister forces abandoned one of the forts of the vale?

Yeah, I thought that was kind of ironic(just too damn lazy to check out each name and location on that site—where I’d likely spend 4 hours). So he may well have had some fun making the mountain the thing that he is currently; also, at some point he may remember his debt to the Starks, however freakishly loyal to Cercei he appears. Reminds me of Uriah Heep from Dickens’ David Copperfield. Of course I’m likely wrong 70% of the time,

Have you guys read the books also? I'm tempted to read and compare but I spend so much time looking at knives, guns, and girls that I don't think I have anytime for books. For those that have read the books, do you recommend the read or just watch the show?

Have you guys read the books also? I'm tempted to read and compare but I spend so much time looking at knives, guns, and girls that I don't think I have anytime for books. For those that have read the books, do you recommend the read or just watch the show?

From what I understand, the books and the tv show don't exactly jibe. Like most books that get turned into a movie or tv show, things may be a bit "different."

From what I understand, the books and the tv show don't exactly jibe. Like most books that get turned into a movie or tv show, things may be a bit "different."

What jackknife says holds true for almost all stories that transfer mediums and Game of Thrones is no exception.

They are close enough that if you are already watching the show it isn't really necessary to read them as you already have the gist of GoT. However, there are many characters and story lines from the books that were left out, changed, or condensed to adapt such a massive story to screen .

If you have the time and are able to appreciate each medium for what it is and not get pissed off at the differences (which at times can be major, but in the end really aren't overall) then I think it is worth experiencing such a great story through a new lens.

Yes I guess I should have known. All the comics turned movies get that same "adaptation". But i do always find myself enjoying the printed version more, so maybe I'll try picking up the first book. I love reading while on the porcelain throne. In fact I would like one like this

game-of-thrones-toilet.jpg

Read the books.
They are a way better. Season 1 is excellent. 2-4 are very very good. The season 5 and 7 are a complete disaster. The season 6 could be considered a nice amusement and that´s it. For book fans the changes on the series from season 5 and some lazy writings on the scripts fucked up the series that could be better than it is.

Back