In support of the Hasiya

but you dont love traditional khukri - you love what someone else says is traditional, unless you are a nepali master kami and we did not realize? you let your study and experience be tainted by your desire to endear yourself to another man, this is honest assessment, you are very diplomatic, insidiously so.

you need to keep your love for other company khukri out of this forum, and please bring your love for the Traditional khukri that only Himalayan imports makes. that is to say your love for it, as in the claim that it is traditional while HI is not, which is patently false, unless an englishman morphed into a nepalese god of the forges.

You are not insulting Himalayan imports so much as yourself, by typing this way when you have neither the station , experience, location, education or spirit to make such claims.--( seeing as we are all pretty much equals in this regard being customers and not metaphysical all knowers)

Last edited:
but you dont love traditional khukri - you love what someone else says is traditional, unless you are a nepali master kami and we did not realize? you let your study and experience be tainted by your desire to endear yourself to another man, this is honest assessment, you are very diplomatic, insidiously so.

you need to keep your love for other company khukri out of this forum, and please bring your love for the Traditional khukri that only Himalayan imports makes. that is to say your love for it, as in the claim that it is traditional while HI is not, which is patently false, unless an englishman morphed into a nepalese god of the forges.

You are not insulting Himalayan imports so much as yourself, by typing this way when you have neither the station , experience, location, education or spirit to make such claims.--( seeing as we are all pretty much equals in this regard being customers and not metaphysical all knowers)
Wow. I am not sure you really know me that well but all I can say after an attack like this is you are wrong. I hope you can get it right in the future.
Enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness Gehazi.

P.s: Weren't we talking about supporting types of Nepali sickles HI makes. Where did this go to a "piling on" of sweetcostarica :confused:

Last edited:
You just don't understand the truths I told you yet, sweet, enjoy purchasing HI , authentic Khukri , don't accept imitators . ( it says so right on the front of the website)

and to your quote --no notion was preconceived on my part, I would ask you to take your own advice, rather than assuming you know what dictates authenticity and the exact dimensions and weights of authentic khukris, nothing in my statement is an attack, your perception is skewed by your motives.

too insidious diplomacy -- this is coating words while still delivering backhanded disparagement and platitudes that are created with the express purpose of forming a conceptualization of yourself as authority and those you speak with(other companies we wont name) unassailable with their own skills and information, and reason

too loving traditional-- you love your concept of traditional which may or may not reflect the actual truth of the history and the current facts.

Hence no notion here was preconceived but conceived directly out of your own words and works.

Last edited:
You just don't understand the truths I told you yet, sweet, enjoy purchasing HI , authentic Khukri , don't accept imitators . ( it says so right on the front of the website)

and to your quote --no notion was preconceived on my part, I would ask you to take your own advice, rather than assuming you know what dictates authenticity and the exact dimensions and weights of authentic khukris, nothing in my statement is an attack, your perception is skewed by your motives.
You still don't know me and you still got it wrong Gehazi.

Please relax. This is a free forum, stop prejudging others.

This thread needs to be locked so we can all move on. I'm sure SCR will be more careful with his postings from now on.

This thread needs to be locked so we can all move on. I'm sure SCR will be more careful with his postings from now on.

Agreed Dirtbiker. I did not know there was this level of hate on the forum aimed at me for just an opinion or two on a HI sickle.

“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.”
― Jean-Jacques Rousseau,

no , you can't act like you didn't say HI was tourist tripe-- you can't hide from the words you posted man, and the fact you support a guy who basically said that everyone who likes Himalayan imports is being fooled-- that bill built this company on a lie, and that right there is enough to get a guy never mentioned again, yet you openly support him and his company, then come in here saying that HI does not produce real khukri but you have it on good authority the guys who do. You didnt apologize either, you just kept saying that its all "opinion" you never bothered to take into account that you are right now typing in part of a mans life work that we are all still a part of, and its just yeah, something I feel strongly about.

but I no more attacked you than you attacked himalayan imports with your blatant disregard of facts , and extremely insulting comparisons ( tourist blades really?)
I am perfectly calm, or I would not bother typing and composing these thoughts to you. You quote to reinforce your own inadequacies about your scholarship, you need not stand on the quotes of other men, speak for yourself.

There is no hate for you, there is hate for every person who tries to take business from auntie and HI with lies.(from me personally, im not trying to steal the forums metaphysics on this issue, i just feel very strongly about this company and its products, as much as you perhaps and your man, hence we both keep typing)

Agreed Dirtbiker. I did not know there was this level of hate on the forum aimed at me for just an opinion or two on a HI sickle.

“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.”
― Jean-Jacques Rousseau,

You see SCR, it is not just an opinion or two that you've made on this forum about this Hasiya. It's the way you've commented on anything that didn't fit into your narrow view of what a proper khukuri should be or how traditional it should be. The disparaging way you make your subtle snide commentary and the way you come across as some type of expert, when you are not.

I'm actually kind of glad that i'm not the only one who sees these things. I'm only sorry that you didn't listen to me before this.
Many people here are too polite to speak against another, even when they know that person is doing wrong here.
Now maybe you can take some of the things I privately told you to heart and start acting upon them, instead of dismissing them.

I don't like to see this type of thing on our forum, but I can see that I've allowed you too much leeway to state your opinions and now you will have to bear the opinions of your opinions from others.

Last edited:
I second Dirtbiker's proposal. Points have been made. Everyone who wants to has had a chance to speak, vent, explain, reply, clarify, etc. Any one of the moderators can lock this thread now without prejudice. Hopefully self-restraint will prevail in future threads once the cycle of reply and counter-reply is broken.

-- Dave

There is no ill will here, and I have nothing but love and well wishes for sweet, but I refuse to accept his proclaiming of authority on what is authentic and what is not, it is just that sometimes people who are very opinionated meet and then a discussion goes on longer than with more accepting people , if people are being negatively effected by this addressing of an issue that arose out of "authenticity", then I am definitely not above keeping silence.

With respect to sweet, and everyone else , and all other knife makers, may we all have a day filled with good fortune

Locking this will serve no good purpose. When those whom choose to speak about SCR have spoken or it fails to regain it's original topic it will be lost in the cue of threads and be forgotten. Lets hope the lesson here is not.

I third the lock down of this thread idea. In the words of my Beagle, this bones been chewed.

Simultaneous post Karda. Once again your wisdom prevails. I hereby withdraw my third and the Beagle can just find a new bone.

I am pretty sure its done regardless :D- everyone should go talk about wootz in my cantina thread ( and we need 40 or so kvluk hasiya , about 20 shiney ones and about 4 or 5 fancy ones )

After all this I might just use a weedeater. Sometimes I hate my fingers for some of the things they type with no authorization from me.

Apologies in advance.

Locking this will serve no good purpose. When those whom choose to speak about SCR have spoken or it fails to regain it's original topic it will be lost in the cue of threads and be forgotten. Lets hope the lesson here is not.
Again I am trying to figure out how this tread was turned into a WrestleMania event side stepping the Hasiya. sweetcostarica - I have always spoke truth as I see it from weighing, measuring, and testing. If I did not have an item I'd check reviews and posted weights, measurements, and other forums. Gehazi has made many false claims because he is emotional. His prejudging of my background, experience, and education of which he knows nothing is noted. But that's OK I expect this when I speak contrary ideas to people that are closed to other folks opinions and/or views. If I like something I praise it and if I don't I say so directly.
To clear things up on what I think is a traditional Kukri I'm posting pictures below so that you know what I think a traditional Kukri is. Remember this is not a slam, insult, or lie against Himalayan Imports. This is what is authentic today and from history's proclamation not mine.

Photo by Spiral
Limbu or Chainpuri style village kukri 1.jpg
Limbu or Chainpuri style Village Kukri example.
Blade is fraction over 9 inches, total length 12 3/4 inches. weight 12 oz.
It has a Zinc handle that's common on Limbu & Darjeeling Kukri by WW2.

MK3 by Bernard V..jpg
This MK3 by Bernard V. is outstanding. I learned a great deal from people
like him, Spiral, Simon, Berkley at IKRHS, and others.

britain-gurkha-soldiers.jpg
The famous British Service Issue, Service No. 1 gave me solid evidence as to what is traditional and what is not.
On BSI's blades of 11 inches are the norm on the 1960s and on knives, weights are usually 14oz. to 17oz.
Quote from Spiral, "the 1990s had a slightly shorter variation of the mark 5 came to be commonly issued with
a 10 1/4 inch blade often weighing between 17 to 19oz."

Berkley's kukris.jpg
Studying Berkley's kukris and their weights sold me on the proper traditional weight of the average Kukri.

nepali-women-sickle and-baby.jpg
The picture that told me the most symbolically and visually that the Villager Hasiya (No. 2) was the best for use.

Note: As I have said I and not an expert. These are my opinions based on facts, testing, reading, talking to people who know more than I do, and so on.
The pictures above are some of my ideal Kukris. Himalayan Imports (HI) does not make replicas of them and does not clam to do this. But they have made close copies of certain type of Kukri (and Sickles) that I, sweetcostarica has applauded as traditional :thumbup:: the KLVUK, Tamang Knife, the early Foxy Follies, etc.
I support these and not the heavy, thicker, and westernize models. Does this mean I am degrading HI, insulting it, or disrespecting the founders, Kamis or forum members by expressing this view. If so then that is not freedom of thought in my opinion. If another member thinks I am wrong show your evidence and we can look at it. Just like Steve Tall did with out insults, hate, and prejudice but with his facts and wisdom.

Last edited:
We are not going to continue to debate your righteousness or your rights, SCR.
If you don't like some models, your best option is to be polite and keep quiet at this point, Your opinions border on degrading and insulting sometimes and it is not appreciated. When are you going to understand this? Continue in the manner you have at your own peril. This is Aunties showroom floor and I will not allow you to continue crapping here, no matter how much you think of your opinions or how many rights you think you have.

sweet no matter how much you try, you are not educated enough to make your claims, you are just a customer with too much time on his hands and unfortunate friends --- so you talk up your buddy and talk down the best knife company in the world, calling the blades touristy , and non-authentic , you are being dishonest about your goals here, I think it could not be more clear. You are here specifically to market your friend's company, in so many words, directly in the House of the person who he has set himself against --how you fawn over him on his forum is a glaring example of your bias-- and no matter how much you market or lie about the products, when I go to forums that have nothing to do with Khukri's all over the internet, I only hear one thing:

Himalayan Imports has the best knife money can buy, for the price not a single company can beat it in quality or service, not one is more authentic in its native blades, not one makes more over built "monsters" for westerners. Despite your desires, Himalayan imports will thrive and outlast your english friend, long after he is nothing more than a joke (which he is now)

I have never, even once heard of the other guys(till i went looking for the people who claim HI has substandard product and found them and laughed) , I have even heard of all the others, but this english guy trying to act like he took on magical authority to know what is authentic because he claims he "did some research" --its pretty sickening how insensitive you guys can be , trying to come onto this company's space and talk up your own products. Its total disrespect, and you know it. Your disclaimer at the bottom only exemplifies the problem you pose-- An insidiously diplomatic person who actively seeks to undermine HI while propping up his own friends, all the while claiming "oh aye, innocent here, expressing rights I am"

and on your above
"authentic khukri " HI could make any of those as a customer desires, as it is most of us desire overbuilt knives, I desire both and will have one of everything.

even when asked to stop you still feel the need to post a chain of khukri pictures and claim that because of this , you are an authority ? to be an authority get a Phd Or be a kami.

If i went to your friend's forum and typed the way you do here sweet, you and I both know that I would be banned that day, after one message. the manner you have in that forum is so diametrically opposed to the way you act here its pretty amazing, should be a study in psychology, I like the way you preen and ask for his approval.

I see through you. you take advantage of the good will , just like others in the past, to press an agenda , HI means too much to me to let you continue in that agenda. otherwise you would have come here saying" I want more traditional khukris from HI!" instead of "HI makes tourist khukris, but I know some people who stick to the true weights and measurements of khukri "-- you did insult HI by acting like they could not provide for your needs -- instead of saying, "I look forward to HI making these things that way" -- you complained that HI was somehow misleading , and their khukri's were not traditional at all , you may not realize it is because of your love for this other man that you behaved this way, so I encourage you to take a look at that relationship, is he taking advantage of you, sweetcostarica? (love for another man, obviously I mean the same way anyone loves his friends, not there is anything wrong with being homosexual :D)

lets also not forget your running advertisements making false comparisons and novice deductions in your narcissistic youtube career , trying to promote the other company.tell your buddy to sell his stuff on its own merits, and quit trying to use subterfuge and obfuscation to bring in customers. that whole "HI Is tourist trap stuff" comes directly from your friends mouth, Directly.

Last edited:
Actually, I did not know this forum was considered Aunties showroom and your and Gehazi (whoever this guys is who thinks he knows me) use of crude terms to describe my opinion, ideas, and views are not what I expected from you. I don't use terms like that and think others shouldn't either in public or private.

I am not perfect by any means and I have made a mistake. Namely I am on a Himalayan Imports (HI) Forum saying things most don't agree with even after I back up what I am saying with evidence. Now I do understand and have been inspired by the hate speech and insults on my educational background finishing up with Karda basically saying to me: "Shut up and Sit down".

So as I have already hinted to Karda about I will start a new video series on large blades and feature big traditional blades from all over the world. The Kukri will be prominent because I think (my opinion from my experience) that's the best multifunction blade in the World. I'll focus on history, weights, dimensions, performance, etc.

Now I have a mission to prove this fact: "That traditional blades are the best for use in the field". I define "traditional" as in dimensions, thickness, and weight. How the knife is made and who made it will be factored in as much as possible. Other factors as handle length and adjustments for the intended persons should be made of course.

Like I have said I am not an expert but will study hard to present all that I believe fairly, accurately and truly on video elsewhere, not on the HI Forum. God bless and keep Himalayan Imports. Also, may he bless Karda, Gehazi, and all HI Forum members.

Hopefully I'll be able to convince HI to sell more of those village Kukri that locals Nepalis buy from them with my videos :thumbup:.

Last edited:
but in your videos you essentially advertise for another company repeatedly, you are misrepresenting yourself again. In fact I read your post , in the other forums, talking to the owner of the company who talks badly about HI, with you begging for his approval and asking for his advice on your video-- I have watched you both, and you are backyard experts, and you hide behind your lack of education by pomposity and declarations.
(all the responses you made in your youtube videos clearly directed people to buy from HI's competitor )

and HI makes the best traditional blades in the world, ( and any other kind of blade)

your preconception is that nobody would ever call you out for bringing poison into the forums with your consistent lies backed up by a huge amount of time spent making videos to support your preconceptions, you have nothing that can be called to legitimate testing, you need labs for that . cant just swing stuff around and go"yep this tests better"-- also if your videos are impartial why do you coordinate on their creation with the founder of another company?

And dont mistake my defense of HI as a personal attack, I only wish the best for you as well, but honesty is a part of doing the right thing, and I have seen this so I will not keep silent, after researching both you and your mentor in his forums.

also i met karda when i asked about HI rings and was told they could not make them anymore, its not fair for you to try to disparage him by grouping us together, yet another misdirection on your part, an attempt to serve the one you admire. I speak from reading your words on other forums and youtube, you advertise for another company, and encourage people to avoid any but the company of your good friend -- whom you coordinate with on his forum to make your videos.

"I know bs when I see it "- Gehazi

Last edited:
Back