1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pistonsandgears, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nice Old Catt Kevin, Those Catts also come out with a Clip Point as well!

Sunknife, good to have a nice Knife to remind you of Home my friend!

veitsi_poika likes this.
  2. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Thanks you veitsi polka, I actually did use a harness jack punch on some leather today.

Thanks campbeliclanman. I worked at my scout camp one summer as a teen, would kinda like to go back and visit the grounds again someday.
    It's still in operation 45 years later and going strong from what I gather.

Liberando and veitsi_poika like this.
  3. cabdmd

cabdmd Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I just acquired this Imperial Boy Scout knife for my friends birthday present.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Picked this one up on the Exchange for the stag. I'm extremely happy with the knife too! Everything is just right with this one. It's a quarter pounder (4.18 oz), a bit too heavy for my pocket. I did find that I have a belt pouch that is just about perfect for it.
    A little clean up and some oil and it's good to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I am a jealous man. I've been pining for a stag Boker camp knife for quite some time. How fat is the stag?

6. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I'm really pleased with the stag on this one, Buzz. It's just about perfect.
    [​IMG]

R.c.s, TFBraden, Dschal and 7 others like this.
  7. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    This is indeed excellent. Fat enough to give a good grip, but not so fat that you can't find a pouch thick enough for it. Well done.

Dschal and Peregrin like this.
  8. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Picked up this minty Camillus Saturday, unused, packed in grease, has a no line tang stamp which is pretty hard to find, late 1940's.

IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0217.jpg

9. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nicer Augie - in fact VERY nice my friend!

Augie likes this.
  10. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    That Camillus is super-sweet. So fresh looking and nice dark bone with deep jigging. The engineer knives are pretty easy to find. But finding them in that kind of condition is another matter entirely.

Brass liners?

11. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Thanks guys, Buzz it does have brass liners.

12. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Here ya go @Buzzbait - The Boker 150 year anniversary camp knife in dyed curly birch. I can't wax eloquent over the specifications and various other minutia like you do so well but I can supply pics. I will say fit and finish is very nice, zero play on all tools and the curly birch is gorgeous. Fairly light pulls as most camp knives. Oh... and the bottle opener works perfectly. :D fullsizeoutput_180e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1801.jpeg fullsizeoutput_180a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1805.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1809.jpeg fullsizeoutput_180d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1806.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1807.jpeg fullsizeoutput_180b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1803.jpeg

13. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Wow. That is absolutely gorgeous. The covers are amazing. Lots of character and the green color is so vibrant. I normally despise blade etches, but I love how the etch looks in this knife. It’s compliments the knife so well.

This has gone straight to my short list.

JohnDF and Fodderwing like this.
  14. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Buzz! Cherri was very pleased with it. :)

15. Kurgan101

Kurgan101

May 9, 2019
    I like to collect military knives. Here is my collection of ski patrol pocket knives.

afishhunter likes this.
  16. Kurgan101

Kurgan101

May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    315, Fodderwing and afishhunter like this.
  17. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Fodderwing likes this.
  18. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Some wonderful campers shown in the last few pages. I have a real soft spot for 6 blade humpback camper models and enjoyed seeing the two recent Boker models from Peregrin and Fodderwing.
    Here is an old example from the German firm of "Friedrich Olbertz". I like the "Winged Crown" logo on the blade and handle shield.

BF German Olbertz .jpg

19. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    That is fantastic Neal.

20. Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Welll that’s just flat out gorgeous.