PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok good! I would keep an eye on it though if the liner is wearing out. Glad you like it. It really is hard to beat for edc. I liked my awt scales but it does change the ergonomics a lot. The new micarta ones dont look like they would.

I would love a set of AWT scales except for one thing. They're metal. I really prefer AWT's ergos over stock scales but I can't get past the materials used.

Last edited:
Headed to the south side or San Francisco for a job interview. Cross your fingers fella's. Not that I get the job but that I don't get a ticket or three. Hate taking the red ticket maker across the bridge. They seem to like pulling it over for some reason. Talk with you all in about 4ish hours.

Good luck.

FhheEui.jpg

Happy Halloween! Obligatory Iguana in a Halloween outfit photo!

Last edited:
Well that was a fun drive. I guess I'll hear from them sometime later next week. Did get.a call for a side job I can do Friday and Saturday that pays well. But not sure I can do it. Hes gonna get back to me if he can pick up the materials by the end of the day. Otherwise it will be Saturday and Sunday. Which is better for me anyway. Really need to get out to sabre cat's tomorrow and get that wrapped up.

Well that was a fun drive. I guess I'll hear from them sometime later next week. Did get.a call for a side job I can do Friday and Saturday that pays well. But not sure I can do it. Hes gonna get back to me if he can pick up the materials by the end of the day. Otherwise it will be Saturday and Sunday. Which is better for me anyway. Really need to get out to sabre cat's tomorrow and get that wrapped up.

We can move it to Monday if you get a couple of days work.

I might even be finished with it by then anyhow. I got the column torn down and mostly back together. I am at the the point of re-installing the turn signal. You've done it before and I have not. There is not that much left to do really.

Not gonna lie I had to youtube that one! hah hah. Morning shot of a PIF. The Cu Natrix lives up to its reputation. Has probably one of the stickiest/stiffest detents of any knife that I've ever had. I'm guessing its the design and it won't break in. That said it's a great EDC if you don't need to depend on it to deploy everytime in an instant. Designs like these always feel like a small Sebby substitute for me. When I was carrying those guys, I was working in big corp. offices so I never actually got a chance to EDC them in NYC. But I might revisit that now that I work in a tiny 30 person company. I normally dislike metal scales but this one has an awesome 3 finger grip to it. Ergos are top notch. Do they make a mini Natrix this size in G10 too?

vcGxHXQ.jpg

Hey Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery , I heard you like knives with fucks on them. All I got to say to that is... Quack quack, mothaducka ;)

Like for real Coleman, claim yo knife bruh!

Also, you got any idea how long I been waiting to say that in any sensibly close context???

Not gonna lie I had to youtube that one! hah hah. Morning shot of a PIF. The Cu Natrix lives up to its reputation. Has probably one of the stickiest/stiffest detents of any knife that I've ever had. I'm guessing its the design and it won't break in. That said it's a great EDC if you don't need to depend on it to deploy everytime in an instant. Designs like these always feel like a small Sebby substitute for me. When I was carrying those guys, I was working in big corp. offices so I never actually got a chance to EDC them in NYC. But I might revisit that now that I work in a tiny 30 person company. I normally dislike metal scales but this one has an awesome 3 finger grip to it. Ergos are top notch. Do they make a mini Natrix this size in G10 too?

vcGxHXQ.jpg
Love the blade shape on that thing!

vcGxHXQ.jpg

Wish I hadn't missed this one as a PIF. Might have to just consider buying one outright.

Love the blade shape on that thing!

Me too. Reminds me a lot of my Steel Will Modus (another PIF success), which has become my primary EDC as of late. Makes me really want to pony up for a ZT 0770 or 0777.

3ZdXRm1.jpg

Received from J jaseman yesterday. This is a nice pocket sword. Like zt 0452 . Smooth action and a little 600sic paper on the g10 edges and it was ready for the night. Much appreciated these budget blades are getting better and better.

Glad it showed up in time for Halloween! I was really impressed with it for the couple of weeks I had it.

Glad it showed up in time for Halloween! I was really impressed with it for the couple of weeks I had it.
It is definitely impressing. I’m starting to gravitate towards these budget blades. You can find some nice ones.

:p
Hey Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery , I heard you like knives with fucks on them. All I got to say to that is... Quack quack, mothaducka ;)

Like for real Coleman, claim yo knife bruh!

Also, you got any idea how long I been waiting to say that in any sensibly close context???

Cant do it. If it was a single bladed lockback, thats another story. I just cant claim something i dont think id ever use. Already have my Alox SAK...so...

Wish I hadn't missed this one as a PIF. Might have to just consider buying one outright.

Me too. Reminds me a lot of my Steel Will Modus (another PIF success), which has become my primary EDC as of late. Makes me really want to pony up for a ZT 0770 or 0777.

If someone throws up something decent...i have a CF ZT 0770 ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back