Spyderco Brad Southard Flipper

It looks like a really nice one. A CTS 204P production knife will be really cool, I love my M390.

I'm just hoping it has a stainless steel lock face in there, I'm not a fan of Ti wearing on steel.

More pure guessing, but I'd guess it will. The Tuff was introduced with the stainless lockbar insert. :thumbup:

Thanks to this thread... Now I'm getting an itch for that Brad Southard flipper. Great.

:eek:

That thing looks like a really cool edc. That's how it always starts.

I'd put money on it not having a steel insert. As the Techno shows, Spyderco doesn't add its innovations to collaboration knives (the Tuff was a knife Spyderco asked Mr. Schempp to design so isn't a collab in the same sense), and I don't see any mention of inserts on Brad Southard's page and don't see them in pictures.

I'd put money on it not having a steel insert. As the Techno shows, Spyderco doesn't add its innovations to collaboration knives (the Tuff was a knife Spyderco asked Mr. Schempp to design so isn't a collab in the same sense), and I don't see any mention of inserts on Brad Southard's page and don't see them in pictures.

You could easily be right - it'd be too bad if it didn't, though. This is the kind of knife that would really benefit from that.

You could easily be right - it'd be too bad if it didn't, though. This is the kind of knife that would really benefit from that.

If we are fortunate enough, perhaps they will heat treat the lockbar like the Techno?

The definitive word on the insert:

It will not have the lockbar insert as the Tuff or Ti military.

I'm looking into if it is carbidized or not. I can say the production prototype has been flipped thousands and thousands of times, by many different hands. I saw it when it was new, which was many many months ago, and I saw it just a few days ago. Lockup hasnt moved at all, nor is it sticky in any way.

I'll see if I can get a solid answer for ya.

I'm just glad I didn't take Kreole up on a bet! :eek: :D

What?! You denying you PMed me a bet where the winner gets a Spyderco Brad Southard from whoever is wrong?

:D

Thanks for finding out for sure.

I have no doubts on the lockbar wearing. I've flicked my Chokwe about 2000 times (That's probably an understatement, too;)) And it's set at about 40-45 percent lockup and the the lockbar is heat treated IIRC. It's gonna be an absolutely amazing folder.

I haven't been this excited for a blade in quite awhile. Framelock flipper in CTS-204P... and it's a Spyderco, too??? Sign me up!

I'm glad that Spyderco is opening up to flippers. I've handled the prototype, and I really liked it.

Whenever I see this thread bumped up I hope it is someone saying something about the release date. Really looking forward to this one.

Back