The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Just out of curiosity... how come no one ever complains about the lock bar traveling so far over to the right on what seems like all Sebenza's right out of the box? Don't get me wrong, I have never been the guy that has been worried about a later lock up, it doesn't bother me at all, I love my new Sebenza and have yet to find any sort of flaw or complaint :) I just know that a late lock up is not generally desired in the frame lock community, and I have always wondered why I haven't ever heard anyone mention it on the Sebenza's.

Well, since Chris invented and developed the frame lock (integral lock) over the last 25 years, it only seems logical that he knows what works better than people that are relative infants by compare. People have complained, Chris says it's all good.

So far, I have not seen any that ran out of travel posted up;)

Simply put, buying a bunch of knives and perhaps making forum posts and even videos on the topic does not impress me nearly as much as actually inventing and backing the design with a lifetime warranty;)

Just out of curiosity... how come no one ever complains about the lock bar traveling so far over to the right on what seems like all Sebenza's right out of the box? Don't get me wrong, I have never been the guy that has been worried about a later lock up, it doesn't bother me at all, I love my new Sebenza and have yet to find any sort of flaw or complaint :) I just know that a late lock up is not generally desired in the frame lock community, and I have always wondered why I haven't ever heard anyone mention it on the Sebenza's.

Two reasons-

1) Most trust that Chris Reeve knows what he is doing.
2) More contact in the lockup only means less chance of unfortunate accidents.
3) If there is an issue, it WILL be fixed by CRK's service.

There is a bonus in there ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong...I never gave it a second thought. Chris Reeve is a bona fide bad ass and I have faith that I will carry this knife throughout my entire life as well as many others. I am new to the forums, but involved in knife culture and I just hadn't heard of anyone saying anything about it, and I did always wonder.

Oh my God...I just can't put this knife down, and for the first time in several years, I don't think I need to buy a knife for a while.

I like that graphic. What is the story with the blade? Did someone do a swap?

It is unique;)

Yes I swapped the front scale. I sold it awhile back and always wanted another, came across a large that someone had done the same thing to and could not resist.

The CGG front scales can be purchased seperately from CRK for those that weren't aware.

Last edited:
Yes I swapped the front scale. I sold it awhile back and always wanted another, came across a large that someone had done the same thing to and could not resist.

The CGG front scales can be purchased seperately from CRK for those that weren't aware.

Really? I was among those who were not aware.

How much are they?

Here's my small micarta hanging out while I'm hanging over :barf:

4c169f225850b878d2e3a2965d9c46fb.jpg

I don't post much, let alone about that topic, but I share the sentiment. I'm use to the "old" lockup (or whatever you want to call it) that you find on the Classic MM and earlier 21's . Generally, when I buy one off the exchange, I request photos of the lock up before buying because I know if the lockup is too far to the right I'm just going to post it back up for sale again 5 minutes after receiving it. I know the new lockup is fine, x% contact is better, CRK knows what it's doing, etc... so don't pile on me please. For $400 a pop I figure I can be picky on which one's I want to keep. Anyhow, point being, I notice it too and it's about as big a deal as it is to you.

I don't post much, let alone about that topic, but I share the sentiment. I'm use to the "old" lockup (or whatever you want to call it) that you find on the Classic MM and earlier 21's . Generally, when I buy one off the exchange, I request photos of the lock up before buying because I know if the lockup is too far to the right I'm just going to post it back up for sale again 5 minutes after receiving it. I know the new lockup is fine, x% contact is better, CRK knows what it's doing, etc... so don't pile on me please. For $400 a pop I figure I can be picky on which one's I want to keep. Anyhow, point being, I notice it too and it's about as big a deal as it is to you.

Well said. I have finally decided that if a knife has any sort of issue or little something that I can't deal with, I don't buy it. I am no snob, I don't mean that I am stupid picky or a knife perfectionist with a magnifying glass.... I have and carry knives ranging in price from $50.00 to $425 and it doesn't have to be expensive for me to like it or want it, it most certainly can be, but it doesn't have to be. At this point in my life, I have just seen and handled too many knives to want to compromise on anything I don't care for. Not for oddball "defects" just things in general, like the new Boker Vox F3 for example, I have handled it, and my only gripe is that not only does it not have jimping on the spine, but it is like super polished and slippery feeling on the top. That alone is a reason to not buy it, when in my early days I would just deal with it because I liked everything else about it. I guess I am just trying to say, that there are enough 100%'rs out there for you to collect, so why compromise at all?

Nice mash-up Antony! You just gotta love that blade architecture on the Insingo. Form follows function, done to perfection. Really loving my new small size.

IMG_5660_zps05d18970.jpg

Very nice, did you do the work yourself or professionally? I like this and wood/mammoth inlays because they are unique to everyone else.
Not a big fan of having the same as everyone, although sometimes its unavoidable

I did the work myself. Titanium is relatively soft, I did the sand, mirror polish and heat ano all in one day!

This is something also in the works with S90 steel on my reprofiled Yojimbo 2 to get a mirror polish:

@ 280 grit:

DSCN2057_zpsef0b0c5a.jpg

@ 2000 grit:

DSCN2058_zpsf85aa5af.jpg

Yesterday, after 8 days of 4 hrs., more or less each, repetitive efforts. I used my Foredom TX Flexshaft @ 15000 RPM to buff with white and green compound. Not satisfied. Back to spot flaw removal. Continue for as long as it takes to get the clearest mirror finish!

After, Insingo will get the same mirror polish treatment, to truly live up to its name sake - Razor. Since CRK HRC is on the softer side, I expect that future effort will be less tidious!

Saga continues....

Nice work victorf:thumbup:

I've mirror polished a few pocket clips and a couple blades. I love the results, but it's too much tidious work for me. It's a wasted effort for me, especially since all my knives get scratched up anyways.

I have a knife that I started to mirror polish the flats on, but I gave up about half way through. It took hours to get it halfway done and I just said "screw this, I could be playing guitar right now!". Now it sits there, with one side mirrored, the other side stonewashed:D

Back