Thoughts on the ZT0308?

You know, I don't really see that hole as a big of an issue and some. The holes on that other abomination were something else IMO. There are a LOT of knives w/holes in the handles that don't really get the scorn this one is getting. I get it though, ZT has never done it before so it's 'different'. I just ordered a couple Olamics, initially I wanted holes but then decided I really don't want that holy ( :) ) of a knife and I like clean lines so changed it however a lot of them do have holes and not just one or 2. I would like to see this one running on PB washers, sometimes bearings cheapen the feel of a knife IMO.

Really the only problem I have with it currently is the pricing, I'm not used to paying that much for a ZT and they start running out of value once beyond the upper 2's (again IMO). I can almost get a used large Sebenza or a Hinderer for that price. While I do like ZT's they aren't w/out their foibles, I take that into consideration.

Factor how's the grind on that edge, pretty even looking at it from the tip (nice even triangle)?
I’m with ya brother you nailed it!
The grind/edge is really good nice and even all the way down :thumbsup:

its rare that the hole is on/at the pivot; most are in the handles which isn't as much as a problem as this is.

its rare that the hole is on/at the pivot; most are in the handles which isn't as much as a problem as this is.
A problem says who ? Or assumption it’s a problem ?
I’ve been carrying and using mine all day and don’t see any more dust/ dirt in mine then any other knife I’ve owned.
That’s coming from someone who owns one.
It’s early on but so far so good :thumbsup:

Not really my style, but I love ZT’s. Hope she treats you as well as my ZT’s have treated me!!
Thanks brother !
Likewise all my ZT’s have always treated me good and see no reason why this one should be any different :thumbsup:

It’s a logical progression of a proven design, a lot of knife but will appeal to people who like that size and weight.

Personally, I don’t need anything bigger/tougher than a Manix or 0560 so it’s not for me.

In the wild flexing its muscles :D
What a great knife :thumbsup:
ix13gkm.jpg

Yo TheFactor TheFactor I drank the Kool-Aid, brother! I'll post some thoughts but only after a little carry time.

As far as adjusting the pivot, well I hope I'm doing it right lol

Very nice and I spoke from the heart brother!
I’m still loving mine and it’s a keeper. The detent is really strong but man it rockets out faster then no other. It will become more thumb friendly as it breaks in and as you learn the sweet spots when firing it open.Also like all frame locks keep your fingers off the detent part of the frame.
Congrats my friend !

I don’t want bearings in a hard use knife unless they’re hand fit...
Hand LAPPED. Jeeks. how manny times do I have to say it????

:p

If one is concerned about the addition of the hole around the pivot, why is there no associated concern about the complete access to environmental affairs of the otherwise open frame lock design?

Mountain != molehill

best

mqqn

I finally got to handle one today at a local knife shop. It’s pretty sweet except for the stupid hole in the handle. It ruins the look of the knife in my opinion.

If one is concerned about the addition of the hole around the pivot, why is there no associated concern about the complete access to environmental affairs of the otherwise open frame lock design?

Mountain != molehill

best

mqqn
X1000 :thumbsup:
So many haters in this world I mean hole haters :eek::D
Absolutely love mine and especially the hole.
It’s the frosting on the cake lol .

Mountain != molehill

best

mqqn

#troof

TO THE VAN!

Back