Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

😁 I know you love your sowbelly stockmans Gary, I was thinking of you this morning when I selected this one! It’s 3.25” and has a nice depth to the covers, as I’m sure you already know. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in any other cover material, have you?
Looks like I missed this last week; sorry, Todd. :(
That's the only "gentleman's sowbelly" I've ever seen from RR, and I guess I didn't realize that it was smaller than most sowbelly stockman models. I could see adding that to the list as an interesting size variation on a favorite pattern. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of favorite patterns, my contribution to this thrifty thread this week is a canoe, another of my favorite, or at least favored, patterns. And the smooth tobacco bone covers are among my favorite covers from Rough Rider as well. I purchased this canoe for $9 several years ago. (I proudly wear my RR cap about once a week, too. :))
tobacco.mark.closed.RRcap.jpg

- GT

Looks like I missed this last week; sorry, Todd. :(
That's the only "gentleman's sowbelly" I've ever seen from RR, and I guess I didn't realize that it was smaller than most sowbelly stockman models. I could see adding that to the list as an interesting size variation on a favorite pattern. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of favorite patterns, my contribution to this thrifty thread this week is a canoe, another of my favorite, or at least favored, patterns. And the smooth tobacco bone covers are among my favorite covers from Rough Rider as well. I purchased this canoe for $9 several years ago. (I proudly wear my RR cap about once a week, too. :))
View attachment 1563359

- GT
It is a cool sized sowbelly for sure. The color on that canoe is very nice Gary.👍

5W0wsjL.jpg

Another Rough Rider from me this week, a smooth tobacco bone canittler I purchased in December 2017 for $9.99. (Looks like I had a large enough order that shipping was free, but I probably added 60 cents to the "use tax" I declared on my state taxes the following spring due to this knife.)
tbone.canittler.mark.3open.jpg

- GT

Another Rough Rider from me this week, a smooth tobacco bone canittler I purchased in December 2017 for $9.99. (Looks like I had a large enough order that shipping was free, but I probably added 60 cents to the "use tax" I declared on my state taxes the following spring due to this knife.)
View attachment 1567443

- GT
That is a cool RR Gary, when I was trying to collect the Outdoorsman series I bid on one on the bay, and if memory serves, it went for around $40! Great color on that one.

Cheap in price but certainly not cheap in quality, these composite covered Case Sod Buster Jr. knives are good, sturdy, work knives. They are even given away with certain large volume purchases in various Feed & Grain stores, Agriculture stores, etc.. Big "R", Coastal, Range, outlets come to mind. Even our local Co-Op here in my town offers them at around $10.00 for some purchases.

1621536187883.png

Back