Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

-Boker Barlow & Morakniv 2/0

qsLjn6o.jpg

Same as i paid for my Yellow peanut.
$30 to $35 is probably the limit for "thrifty" I'd think. ;)
Since $30 is "thrifty" according to some posts a few up, I'll guess under $25 is too.
New thrifty Toferner Celtic pocket knife, just arrived today.
mark side
View attachment 1674440
pile sideView attachment 1674442
Under $10 is thrifty for me.
This one has the name ground off of it. I suspect I'm sure it's a Camillus because Hazy Hills sold it as a Camillus when Camillus was breaking up and I didn't know it yet.
8eZdmIe.jpg

Funny this simple, strong, inexpensive construction has never been very popular. Maybe even the no-nonsensest all business-most among us crave a little bling.

Knife #6 from my set of a dozen amber jigged bone Rough Riders I bought in 2014 is a muskrat that I gave away several years ago, when I thought a muskrat pattern's size and blade redundancy were undesirable for me. (Subsequently, someone gave me another muskrat and I've come to enjoy the pattern.) But I can't seem to locate a photo of that departed knife! o_O:(

So I'll also post Knife #7 from my dozen amber jigged RRs, a toothpick with a single clip blade. Yet another from that original set of 12 RRs that I didn't keep. I like a big toothpick, but I much prefer a 2-blade model to a 1-blade version. IIRC, it went off to another BF member in the first GAW I did on The Porch.
gaw.3.toothpick.open.jpg

- GT

Under $10 is thrifty for me.
This one has the name ground off of it. I suspect I'm sure it's a Camillus because Hazy Hills sold it as a Camillus when Camillus was breaking up and I didn't know it yet.
8eZdmIe.jpg

Funny this simple, strong, inexpensive construction has never been very popular. Maybe even the no-nonsensest all business-most among us crave a little bling.
Camillus made What-A-Knife and Dura-Tool. I guess the difference is the bail?
I haven't seen that hawkbill version before, Nice and thrifty. 👍

HHq40RB.jpg

Here's the 8th knife I'm posting from the set of 12 amber jigged bone Rough Riders I bought in 2014; I miss those days when you could buy an entire set of a dozen RRs with matching covers as a single order. This one is a full-sized trapper. I know that pattern is a very popular one, but I've never warmed up to it. (On the other hand, I'm very fond of a slimline trapper or a mini trapper.)
trapper.open.jpg

- GT

Back