What knife would you have Spyderco build for you if...

-Charcoal Gray (dark) G-10 Paramilitary 2 with black screws, liners and pocket clip, satin blade in CPM-S110V steel.

-Peel-ply carbon-fiber Caly 3.5 with ZDP-189.

-Delica in any bright color G-10 besides orange and a FFG ZDP-189 cutting unit.

...I'll take two of each.

A Ladybug/Manbug with a pocket clip or wire clip.
I know this may not make sense to some because it is so small but i don't want to wear my knife any other way than clipped to my waistband.
With this i would never leave my house without a knife.

Centofante 3 with full steel liners, g10 handles, constructed with screws not pins.
Old full sized Manix without the choil (with the edge coming back to the handle like on the Tenacious), also blade steel in cpm m4.
Or a knife to the dimensions of the old full sized Manix, without the choil (with the edge coming back to the handle like on the Tenacious) and in place of a lock back instead have a thick liner lock setup like on the Gayle Bradley, also blade steel in cpm m4. Maybe with a flipper function as well (not spring assisted).

They actually made my dream knife come true a few years ago....
027-2.jpg

Para 2 frame compression lock with textured (like on the proto Tuff) titanium handles on both sides. Extend the blade to 3.75-4inch add 2mm of thickness and in CPM-3v. A Strider could never tempt me again.

this except blade thickness increase ...

i'm dying for a new TI integral compression lock.

It would have to be the gayle bradley in either the twill or peel ply carbon fiber and either s90v or s110v

A Sage with a compression lock

A Sage with an Axis lock

A Sage with a Composite blade (D2 edge / 154CM spine - whatever).

A Sage with a Damascus blade

A Flipper model of any kind just to see how Spyderco pulls it off (Sage would be cool).

A Bolstered Stretch with Heat treated (for that brass look) Ti bolsters/liners and either textured laminated G10 or laminated Linen Micarta scales (with an almost bone or wood-grain look to it).

A Caly 3 or 3.5 with a bushing and basket-weave carbon fiber scales (and ZDP189).

I can just summarize one thing so far. There is allot if interest in a TI Para2, if it was fluted it would be a dream come true.

well since the OP never stated it had to be a mod on a spydie knife i think id go with an upgraded version of the Bladetech ULU, I like the idea of having a folding chopper as well as an ULU style knife which really helps in kitchens and food prep etc.

I would like a couple of Delica variations.

Drilled Ti handles with with compression lock or an RIL and premium steel.

Carbon fiber with compression lock And premium steel

Also:

Cricket with Ti scales and RIL in a premium steel

A Paramilitary clone with a sub 3" blade for those with blade length restrictions.

Finally, return of the Salsa with premium steel compression lock but with drilled Ti handles and no hood.

I've bought a Gayle Bradley since i posted in this thread, i love that knife!
I would like to see a slightly less expensive version, you could cut the cost by using G10 instead of carbon fiber and maybe a less expensive steel.
If that knife existed i would buy it as a spare to the high end one!
Also, i know Spyderco doesn't do flippers but the Gayle Bradley could easily become a flipper with a slight redesign of the blade!
I would buy that in a heartbeat as i am a flipper junkie!
So A flipper-ized, G10, less expensive steel, Gayle Bradley would be awesome!
:)

1) Waved Delica with a FFG wharncliffe blade.

2) Waved Endura with a FFG wharncliffe blade.

A real wharncliffe blade or a modified one like the ppt or the michael janich endura? I already have the ppt, but would love that michael janich endura.

A slightly larger version of the cricket (to allow easy 3 finger grasp) with a titanium lock side and a covering of g-10 on the other and a little jimping along the top of blade and frame.

So many great ideas have already been suggested. To add to those, if Spyderco ever makes another balisong, I'd like to see one designed by Michael Janich. Not the Janisong, but a traditional balisong.

Back