1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Who is the Chris Reeve of flippers?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Ron Sabbagh, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!

BBW likes this.
  2. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    *&$^%@*!!! So, after reading all the very positive comments... I went and got me an "Arius" - Curses! BladeForums Strikes Again!

3. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Shiro is definitely held in very high regard, well made and use very high end materials (Ti, CF, exotic steels like Vanax).

Sinkevich also makes several flippers among his models.

Only bad things about the Russian knives are they come smelling of vodka and buying one causes you to get subpoena’d by Mueller’s office.

4. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    Rumor has it that The Donald carries a Shiro...

5. 007Airman

007Airman

Dec 23, 2018
    Can't argue with lion steel, they make some of the Dpx too.

6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  7. JimMD

JimMD

Dec 6, 2017
    For quality and customer service:
    Koenig Knives: The Arius has a polarizing design but the best flipping action I've seen. Great functional blade and extremely comfortable handle.
    Holt Bladeworks: Good luck finding a Specter, but it's absolutely worth it if you can.
    Olamic Cutlery: Much more readily available than the other two. Nice variety of models and almost infinite variety of options.

With all the recommendations for Shiros, I wonder what the customer service has been with them. I love my F3R, but their knives come at a relatively high price, and for CS you need to get your knife to Russia, I think.

8. RenOfTheBlade

RenOfTheBlade

Apr 23, 2017
    May I humbly submit for your consideration... Olamic Busker. I've owned a few CRK and this beauty is easily comparable and actually feels more solid than a small Sebenza. Perfect EDC in my opinion. Busker.jpeg Busker4.jpeg Busker3.jpeg

cbr1000, JimMD and Pharmagator like this.
  9. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    I believe Lionsteel made the CRKT 'Hi Jinx'... which is an amazing flipper and has flawless fit & finish

Icky Thump and JimMD like this.
  10. JimMD

JimMD

Dec 6, 2017
    Nice Busker! I love the blade finish. I just sent my Busker off for a regrind.

11. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Orange G10 I presume?

12. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    Orangefefe

Officer's Match and Icky Thump like this.
  13. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    I read somewhere that the Shiro shop didnt respond to emails that weren't in Russian, not true, so when I emailed them I used a translator to be proactive.

My butchered syntax must have given me away as they replied in English. Took them 2 or 3 days to respond and they were willing to help.

The shipping to Russia would be my only apprehension however I have sold a knife to a member in Russia once with no issues.

There are also people like Josh at REK and Sean at RecalcitrantAmerican who are capable of wonders. I'd trust them to service pretty much any knife.

I'll still buy em.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    BBW and Pharmagator like this.
  14. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005

Congrats man! You will not be disappointed! What did you get? Standard? Style 55? Etc...

15. JimMD

JimMD

Dec 6, 2017
    I think Shiro’s consistency in producing flawlessly constructed knives is hard to beat, so needs for service should be low. I’d like a pivot that’s easier to open and proprietary tools for that task that are less expensive than theirs.

I bought mine from Recon1, and I know that for no cost they will ship or hand over to Shiro a knife that they sold, for service.

I agree re: REK and Sean Campbell, aka RecalcitrantAmerican. Each of them has one or two of my knives for some work.

BBW and Pharmagator like this.
  16. JimMD

JimMD

Dec 6, 2017
    Congratulations! If you liked what you saw of it enough to buy it, you’ll love it when you get it in hand. Hard to beat for the price, whichever version you bought.

17. Pharmagator

Apr 17, 2010
    I purchased a 3rd generation Arius... The interview I watched with the young owner was very compelling... A real 'Merica Story! I like that.

austonh and BBW like this.
  18. RenOfTheBlade

RenOfTheBlade

Apr 23, 2017
    Thanks! I haven’t yet felt a small knife that compares to this busker and with almost unlimited customizations you can get it exactly right

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  19. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    After getting in a brand new Mini Goblin today I just wanna go ahead and renew my vote for Koenig Knives in the strongest terms.

[​IMG]

20. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Ooo I would kill for one of those Hatis on washers.

Pharmagator and BBW like this.