WIP Massive Titanium Roller Bearing Frame Lock

So close. We are on the home stretch! Did the ball detent tonight and I'm final sanding the Ti now.

Sweet! Just called my FX broker and converted some cash to Kuwait dinar so I can have a valid shot at this beast. Might I suggest that the rest of you guys do the same so you'll be prepared once the go button is posted.

Sweet! Just called my FX broker and converted some cash to Kuwait dinar so I can have a valid shot at this beast. Might I suggest that the rest of you guys do the same so you'll be prepared once the go button is posted.

Kuwait dinar?! What is this? The 90s?

I only accept iridized meteoric steel quenched in the tears of a unicorn as payment. Plan accordingly.

Kuwait dinar?! What is this? The 90s?

I only accept iridized meteoric steel quenched in the tears of a unicorn as payment. Plan accordingly.

Awesome, I just happen to have a surplus of iridized meteoric steel quenched in the tears of a unicorn in my safe.

Shit, I have now paid the equivalent of 5,750 Syrian Lira in exchange fees!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK, now i need to go find myself a hunk of iridized meteoric steel, forge it, find a unicorn, Kick it in the nuts!! Then quench that shit when it cries!!

Crap!!!

OK update fellas! I heat treated the blade yesterday at my forge. First i wrapped it up in stainless foil then I heated it in the forge till just above non magnetic. Quenched in vegetable oil heated to 120 deg. After tempering should be good for rc 56-57, this is 5160 after all so the 60s are out of the question. Just to clarify the final 15 will be done in 3V so no homegrown heat treat. I will probably be sending them to whoever took over for paul bos when he retired. I've handled Bos treated 3V and its a perfect 60rc that is easy to maintain and strong as an ox. If you know of anyone who has done HT on 3V shout it out. I'm always open to suggestions.

Heat anodizing the slabs tonight, carbonizing the lock geometry, and putting an edge on this beast. Stay tuned.

IMG_20120411_191240.jpg

IMG_20120411_192222.jpg

IMG_20120411_192708.jpg

IMG_20120411_193004.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

That forge is beautiful.

Great news. Can't wait to see the anodized handle slabs.

Here is my first experiment with the flame anodize. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Color is really complex with some spotty areas. I like it. I think a tiger stripe pattern using a mini torch would be cool too.

DSC01038.jpg

How in the world do you plan to bend those pocket clips the look to be .080 to .100 thick lol ?
No bending involved. I want to keep the overbuilt theme going with this beastly 3/16" Ti pocket clip.

I'm gonna turn this...

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

...into this using a 2.5" grinding wheel.

Pocketclipscreen.jpg

Well I burnt the hell out of my finger today. I work nights in a laser fabrication lab and had a job catch fire last night. Damn foam core I was cutting spit molten plastic at me while I was deploying a fire blanket. I hate stupid injuries like this. Its the kind of injury that physically isn't a big deal but damn does it make you pissed to hand sand anything.

So in summary frickin lasers attacked me today.

finger.jpg

Back