WIP Massive Titanium Roller Bearing Frame Lock

[video=youtube_share;Pozlp_wnkRk]http://youtu.be/Pozlp_wnkRk[/video]

OK so update! If been playing with a few different finishes for the Ti slabs. Here is a bead blasted finish with a deep blue/purple heat anodize, it feels so smooth and grippy. I love it! Here also is the brushed finish with a flame job that is more varied from straw to purple. Also I finished and installed the pocket clip. The retention for the clip is very good, great for heavy duty fabrics and jeans. I don't think dress pants will work...lol It has been left unfinished for now. I must carbidize the locks, set the detent on blade, finish the thumb stud and of course put a razor edge on it.

I really need access to an accurate scale to give you a final weight. Hmmm.

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

Man I would love one of those. I remember when I went to machine school. I always wanted to do stuff like this but they forbid it. Man how cool would it be to have the access like you do.

Looking pretty sweet. As far as weight goes, just call it 1 lb that should be close enough:) I've been working out so I should be able to EDC something that heavy without to much fatigue, but I'll keep eating my Wheaties just to be safe.

I think I may just cry if I can't get my hands on one when they're up for order :D
This knife is looking incredible now that it is becoming reality.

Speaking of that. Do we have an estimate of when we find out the price/ order list? I'm like a kid on Christmas eve

I really like both finishes on the handles, not sure which I like better. I need more pictures and a video to figure it out:)

Speaking of that. Do we have an estimate of when we find out the price/ order list? I'm like a kid on Christmas eve

I'm working on the preorder details. It will be soon now that the prototype is wrapping up. Thanks for being patient. If you can't tell I'm the kind of guy that likes to get things done right the first time. As good as the prototype is the production run will be even better with the redesigned details I learned from this proto.

I can't thank this forum enough. Seeing the level of work done here is what inspires me to push myself and my designs.

I really like both finishes on the handles, not sure which I like better. I need more pictures and a video to figure it out:)

Hell I'm holding them both right now and I'm torn over which I like better! The bead blasted finish is really growing on me. I even like it two tone with right and left scales having different finishes. This is a custom knife after all, no need to hide the fact that this knife is quite a bit different. lol

Just remember, I want mine with the clip mounted so that approx 2.5" of butt sticks out of the pocket. Also drill and tap for L/R carry.

Just remember, I want mine with the clip mounted so that approx 2.5" of butt sticks out of the pocket. Also drill and tap for L/R carry.

and tip up/ tip down too please! :D

So demanding!:D

There will be 4 possible mounting locations for the clip all of them tip up. Left/right deep pocket carry and left/right shallow pocket carry. No tip down carry sorry. Fear not, the 3/32 detent is very positive and secure.

Just finished setting the final bevels at the edge at 100 grit. I'll step it up and put on a mirror finish with my chosera stones and snap some pics ASAP.

Used my Edge Pro to set the final bevels at the edge with 60 then 100 grit. Dykem layout blue helped track my progress and keep the grind consistent. I will take it up to a mirror polish, hand sand the blade, and force a dark patina on the steel with FeCl.

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

Back