Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

I have over 70 knives and im still carrying the district 9 I got last week. ^ wish I didn't see the above may have to get that next....

Thanks Goldie. Don't hesitate. Make it 71+. Thanks RamZar. Happy for you being able to intercept and change the order. Well worth it.

I almost wish there was something wrong with it so I didn't have to buy it :D

I would pick up a Hills if you made a lefty version. I mean a TRUE lefty. I'm not spending $200+ for just a swappable clip

Another lefty here! ...my real name is David actually.

There's a void in the production knife world for the following (in fact there's a thread or 2 about this):

High quality meaning $200 range for cost, high end steel (ZDP-189 would be great too)

Flipper
3-3.25" blade (good slicer grind)
4" or just over handle
Under 3 oz if possible.
Deep carry clip. (Include an extra, NOBODY is doing that at any price)

I'll buy it now and be your biggest viral marketer. Give the other manufacturers something to FOLLOW!

Last edited:
Here's the photo(Horizon-A&Hills) taken by Stanley Tan. This would be the new look for Horizon-A.
Horizon-AampHills_zps2b4e7cc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RamZar, it looks like an integral for starters. That would be a feat to see.

How is the new look of the Horizon-A different than the old one except for the blue anodized pivot?

The pivot was changed, it used to be a larger, decorative one that was the same as ZT 0454 pivot, which I believe they changed as a result.

RamZar, it looks like an integral for starters. That would be a feat to see.

It's not an integral, it's constructed from two slabs of titanium form an integrated backspacer - imagine an SnG, but if both sides were Ti. The hardware is only on the lockside, which makes it look even cleaner. It's one of the coolest features of the Horizon A.

I like it, not crazy about knives with a bunch of holes and screws showing.

Still carrying the district 9 since last wed. Love this knife !If I bought the horizon, I would have to carry both !

I don't own anything as nice as a Reate yet but I'd like to add my vote for a 3" legal blade in a lighter overall package. The larger models are great looking but my pockets aren't as accommodating and neither are the carry laws where I live. It'd be nice to enjoy the style, quality, and value of a Reate without the risk of it being confiscated for being a fraction of an inch too long. Also I think M390 would make them sell even faster, as if that were possible.

Thanks for the cool thread idea!

^ To suggest movng production of these knives to the U.S. just so its made here makes no sense.I see no problem owning one of these knives,the d9 is the only knife made in China I own besides a Kershaw strobe,and a kizer. Im not exactly cornering the market in knives made there....

Back