1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by ReaTe, Nov 12, 2014.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thanks Goldie. Don't hesitate. Make it 71+. Thanks RamZar. Happy for you being able to intercept and change the order. Well worth it.

2. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I almost wish there was something wrong with it so I didn't have to buy it :D

3. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    How about some knives with Damasteel or Damascus blades?

4. NorthernSouthpaw

NorthernSouthpaw

Feb 27, 2014
    I would pick up a Hills if you made a lefty version. I mean a TRUE lefty. I'm not spending $200+ for just a swappable clip

5. AmericanEDC

AmericanEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Another lefty here! ...my real name is David actually.

There's a void in the production knife world for the following (in fact there's a thread or 2 about this):

High quality meaning $200 range for cost, high end steel (ZDP-189 would be great too)

Flipper
    3-3.25" blade (good slicer grind)
    4" or just over handle
    Under 3 oz if possible.
    Deep carry clip. (Include an extra, NOBODY is doing that at any price)

I'll buy it now and be your biggest viral marketer. Give the other manufacturers something to FOLLOW!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  6. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Here's the photo(Horizon-A&Hills) taken by Stanley Tan. This would be the new look for Horizon-A.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    How is the new look of the Horizon-A different than the old one except for the blue anodized pivot?

8. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    RamZar, it looks like an integral for starters. That would be a feat to see.

9. mmarkh

mmarkh

Jul 16, 2005
    How making them in the good old USA and you will pick up customers.

10. Misanthropia

Misanthropia Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2011
    double post.

11. Misanthropia

Misanthropia Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The pivot was changed, it used to be a larger, decorative one that was the same as ZT 0454 pivot, which I believe they changed as a result.

It's not an integral, it's constructed from two slabs of titanium form an integrated backspacer - imagine an SnG, but if both sides were Ti. The hardware is only on the lockside, which makes it look even cleaner. It's one of the coolest features of the Horizon A.

12. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    I like it, not crazy about knives with a bunch of holes and screws showing.

13. sechip

sechip Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Great, now make it with a 3.5" blade.

14. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Nice looking knives. I'll have to try one out someday.

15. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Thread isn't about either of those comments.

16. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Right on. I see that now. That's a very appropriate mod.

17. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    Still carrying the district 9 since last wed. Love this knife !If I bought the horizon, I would have to carry both !

18. boze

boze

Sep 23, 2014
    I don't own anything as nice as a Reate yet but I'd like to add my vote for a 3" legal blade in a lighter overall package. The larger models are great looking but my pockets aren't as accommodating and neither are the carry laws where I live. It'd be nice to enjoy the style, quality, and value of a Reate without the risk of it being confiscated for being a fraction of an inch too long. Also I think M390 would make them sell even faster, as if that were possible.

Thanks for the cool thread idea!

19. mmarkh

mmarkh

Jul 16, 2005
    They want suggestions or is it only for the Chinese made fanboy club?:rolleyes:

20. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    ^ To suggest movng production of these knives to the U.S. just so its made here makes no sense.I see no problem owning one of these knives,the d9 is the only knife made in China I own besides a Kershaw strobe,and a kizer. Im not exactly cornering the market in knives made there....