Reate Torrent

Right from the horse's mouth. See snapshot.

a234fd6fd28c6010b37e5c93dcb8bcc7.jpg

Hey new to the forum. Been lurking for a bit and saw my face so I had to join up haha. I was surprised he responded. Super cool. And cool news it is a limited run. My district 9b is such a beast I had to order this when I saw it. Seems like a great value to me.

I haven't heard from BladeHQ about my pre-order. I just saw eKnives has Torrent in stock. I don't know how many but it's $375 shipped from TN. The itch to handle one is almost unbearable. #firstworldproblems

No hurry. 300 will not go that fast. I'll get mine late next week from KC since I have some gift cards to use.

Anyone know if these are numbered like my Horizon-A?

Just got mine today from BladeHQ. I'm not seeing a SN, except some numbers on the box. Any ideas?

Just got mine today from BladeHQ. I'm not seeing a SN, except some numbers on the box. Any ideas?

I think some of the older models used to be stamped on the back side of one of the scales. I haven't tried looking at mine yet. I think I saw a stamped number on my b9b

*updated*

Just checked and in one of the cutouts on the back side of the show scale there is a stamped serial. I have #192!

Last edited:
Got mine in, its sweet. Nice balance usable choil the insides of the scales are milled out weight comes from the blade it opens with authority super smooth and excellent fit and finish slices like a beast so far just pocket duty. Clip is excellent as I had anticipated. Suttle milling gives you a lot of grip without realizing. I love the dark stonewashed flats and the grid is very clean. Overall impressed for what you get for the money definitely a nice piece and further refinement from reate am very pleased with this one.

This knife is definitely sweet. I just have to get my intrepid sold to help pay for it. DOH! I did find the serial number, man it's super hard to see, it looks like I have #94.
I like the detail but not over the top bling. I wish other companies, (Hello Benchmade and ZT) would include a nice zip bag or presentation box like Reate. I think it helps with sales and shows pride in the product.

Yeah I love this knife. Excited to see what's up next from reate. Hopefully something a bit back down to the 200 range haha I'm glad I picked it up though. I think I have my eye on the viper vox kyomi and the spyderco mantra next.

I just got my torrent today and I have to say it's by far the nicest knife I own

Are these limited edition?

Hello Kyle,we can not call this batch Torrent limited edition.However,we have no plans to produce more Torrent same as this batch.Maybe will have some update modles of Torrent in the future.Thank you.

Anybody weigh their Torrent? BladeHQ has it at 6.08 ounces and GP Knives 6.05 ounces.

I didn't weigh it but it feels much lighter than I expected which is cool with me 😏

Weight confirmed...or close enough. My Torrent is coming in at 170 grams or 5.9965 ounces. So lets say it is 6 ounces on the dot. Hope this helps

Back